... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Monday 26 November 2007

Black Monday!

We had Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving, and I hear that today is Black Monday which is for online shopping. But for me, this is Black Monday because my weight loss slipped into reverse. I'm not too thankful for this aspect of Thanksgiving! It could have been much worse, though, so today I am climbing back up on the wagon. Kudos to Carol-Ann who is still on track with her weight loss!

My plan for the week:
1. Start writing down every morsel that I swallow.
2. Measure my water in the morning and make sure it is all gone before bed.
3. Walk every day.

Helpful hint that works for me (when I do it, that is!):
Keeping a careful log of everything I eat and the approximate number of calories. This works for me because I tend to lose my grip on exactly how much I have eaten and usually feel like it has been less than it really is. I made an Excel spreadsheet that totals everything for me, so as the day goes along, I can see how much more food I may have. It helps me to make wiser choices when I see that total mounting and know that I still actually want to be able to have some dinner without going over my limit!! I have been trying to keep the total number of calories right around 1200.

6 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Oh NO! Oh I'm so sad!
But this is just a hiccup, sis! (Note: American-slanted spell-check does not like my sophisticated Brit-slanted spelling of "hiccough"!)

I truly feel as badly over your lack of loss as I would my own! The truth is that I don't feel as if I deserve my loss! Kinza and I polished off a whole chicken between us on Saturday when we were working on probabilty problems and the details of confederation! It gave me a good glimpse of the urges you must have as you work from home!

Jeanette said...

Thanks for your commiseration, Carol-Ann! But as I'm finding out today, there is nothing like a bit of failure to make you try harder! The good part is, my stomach is not gnawing at me today even though my intake of food has been way down! Maybe it's adjusting to its part in my project.

I was delighted to see that you are maintaining a loss in spite of said splurging with Kinza! Sometimes for me the first splurging speeds up my metabolism and works in my favor, but then the subsequent splurging gets me in deep doo-doo, if you know what I mean, Pooh. (On the other hand, Piglet, we must remember...!! NO MORE SPLURGING!)

Jeanette said...

I just noticed Roger has dropped nearly 2 more pounds!! Great work! (Today I am the cheering squad!)

Amrita said...

Just kidding...take a weight loss holiday in India. I 've seen westerners lose lots of weight here. Just a crazy joke.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Amrita! You are just too funny! I do believe this "joke" is rooted in reality! We should give it a try!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ha! Jeanette, the Pooh/Piglet discourse brings back memories! That was one of those days of yesteryear sayings that got us all in such stitches!