... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Wednesday 2 April 2008

Midweek Report!

Here is the update I promised!

I just came back from my tax appointment. Good news! We have a refund that will pay my first quarterly self-employment taxes for 2008 so that I won't have to pay any more until June 15th, the end of the second quarter!! I am so pleased!

Now for the REAL important stuff...

Sleep: I have made it to bed by midnight 2 out of 3 nights. Not total success, but definitely an improvement.

Water: Every day I have been able to drink 64 ounces or more of plain water, so that is success.

Food: Any snacks eaten (which have been few) have been fresh fruit or vegetables. Overall food intake has been less but might still need a bit of improvement on quantity. Quality has been good. I think I am going to call that success!

Exercise: Every morning I have been up by 6:10 to walk on the treadmill for 20 to 30 minutes. It was a struggle this morning because of working later last night, but I have felt quite a lot better during the rest of the day because of making myself do that, I found out. Total success!!

Best wishes to the rest of you, and thanks for keeping an eye on me to help keep me on the straight and narrow!

6 comments:

Amrita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amrita said...

sorry I made some typos in that comment. I will do it again.

Good going Jeanette.

I read in my newspaper today that an 8 hr sleep helps people lose weight. I became instantly sleepy.

Jeanette said...

I love your sense of humor, Amrita! I hope that someday soon I may actually get 8 hours of sleep. Right now it is about 6. I'm sure we do need more sleep than we get. There is a lot of talk about that these days, and I know it is true. I have to fight sleepiness typing at my computer at certain times of the day, like mid-afternoon. It is not a good feeling to suddenly wake up and see that I have typed some nonsense words while the doctor is talking away in my ear!

Thanks for the encouragement, Amrita!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well sis, here I am, alive and well! It seems my blogging is in spurts! Always something going on to take me elsewhere! I am late publishing my weight even though I did weigh in at the beginning of the week! I've been reading through the comments and I agree with Andrea that sleep and rest are essential! Boo Hoo! I deleted and moved some emails the other day! Did you send me a final itinerary for June? OK --that's it for now but please do take care of your little selfie!

P.S. to Amrita: Always nice to see you've dropped by and read your comments!

Andrea said...

I'm so proud of you Aunt Jeanette!!! Keep up the good work!

Jeanette said...

Thanks, Andrea! I don't know if you looked at my other blog, but if so you know that Coral and I have both been sick with the stomach flu. This one is nasty. Coral got it on Friday evening, and I started feeling sick on Saturday midday. I am still feeling achy and weak.

I think there may be a weight payoff this time, though! Ha ha! We'll see tomorrow...