... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Saturday 12 April 2008

Spring is a wonderful time to be losing weight!




We had a quick winter storm this week. It was here one day and gone the next. Oh, how I love those cold gray blustery days! (Is it the African rainy season I am longing for??)

Look at the bushes by our front porch! Yesterday, all covered with snow, they looked like they were still sleeping the winter away...







...but look at them today! Look what was really underneath that white blanket!! Beautiful cherry blossoms!

This cherry bush has sprung up underneath the evergreens. A little bird must have eaten the sour cherries from the hedge in the back yard and then dropped a pit or two in the front just to give me special joy with the first delicate flowers of spring.


We are cherry blossoms bursting out from under the snow! Take heart, friends!

4 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

These are just amazing pix, J!
I have always been in awe of Denver weather -- how you can have simply tons of snow one day and the greenery of spring the next!

Great post!
I am posting my weight today but putting it down as if it is tomorrow's because on Mondays I seem to be so far behind with everything! (Also, we ate out for lunch and I'm afraid I might be up since this morning I was breaking even with last week!)

Jeanette said...

Glad you like the pics, C-A! I didn't look for your weight yet, but I will go check it out.

I do love our weather in Denver -- sunny most of the time but those wonderful gray days thrown in just for me! From one extreme to the other, that's us! (Except, of course, in our weight! That seems to go on and on without changing!!)

Andrea said...

I like the second picture better because driving in the first one sounds stressful!!
Between special dinners and weddings this week, I am feeling fearful of what the scale will tell me in the morning... But maybe the stress of school will counteract my loose lips, which are ready to gobble up whatever looks good. But I have a goal of losing 10 more lbs before graduation, so hopefully I can acomplish it despite the raging stress and lack of time to exercise.
Good luck to all who face the scale tomorrow!!

Amrita said...

Great post jeanette. Cherry blossoms i love them.