... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Monday 7 April 2008

Up, Up and Away!

Well, I guess it should really say, "Down, Down, we're all down!" Now Pat, don't get stuck here again! Give your scale a tap on the side before you step on!

Good work, Andrea! Three pounds! Wow!

And as for you, oh thou 'umble "sickly-ickly", we're sad you've been up-chuckin' and actually hope that you'll have put something reasonable back on by next week!

I was happy to see myself at 159.0 until I came gleefully to post and realized that I have actually gone down only a twip over 5 pounds in FIVE MONTHS! At this rate it'll be almost a year before I reach my goal!

Oh well -- 2009 is coming ... do I want it to arrive and weigh 150 pounds or at best, still be at 164.7!

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Carol-Ann, you should be proud of yourself! Much of our gaining has been at about a pound a month, so if you do the math, you could have gained a pound a month. Instead, you have lost a pound a month. This really means -2 pounds per month from what it might have been. Thus, you have had a loss of 10 pounds, not 5!

How do you like them apples?? That is the language of retail sales, so we might as well use it, at least for fun! Stores will say sales are down but when you actually check it out, they are really up, just not as far up as the projected sales. Thus, ... well I could go on and on...

Anyway, I think reversing the trend without doing anything drastic is a big victory, so you get an A+. Andrea has done REALLY well, and so has Pat who has survived this little blip on her screen.

We are doing much better in the sickly-ickly department over here, I am grateful to say. Regarding putting something reasonable back on by next week -- I HOPE NOT! But it is possible that fluids need to be replaced, so we will see.

Anonymous said...

Carol-Ann will surpass me soon!! The uglier my project at work gets, the more I eat. I'm not even good at work - there are too many temptations and I have no willpower when I am stressed.

However, today I was able to leave the office on time and walked home from the train station (25 minutes at a brisk pace) and if I can do this on a consistent basis, at least I will de-stress on the way home. My project will go into print production - it has to go by April 21 by law - and hopefully this means I will be leaving on time more regularly and therefore walking more regularly.

I've fallen off track with my water consumption, too. I need to reverse this trend as well, because I feel certain that some of the "hunger pangs" I think I feel are actually "thirst pangs".

Keep up the good work, Carol-Ann. Way to go, Andrea! Jeanette, I hope you find that some of your weight loss is indeed, weight and not all fluids.

Pat

Jeanette said...

Hi Pat! Your walking routine coming home from work sounds so good, and I hope you will soon be able to do that regularly.

You sound just like me when it comes to stress at work. The first thing to go is the stuff we need to keep doing, it seems!

Thanks for the good wishes that some of my weight loss is really weight loss! Monday will tell...and I am really hoping to stay below 180 now.