... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Saturday 26 April 2008

Andrea's Wonderful News!

I told Andrea I would copy her comment and make a post, so here it is!!


I just wanted to announce to some of my closest and most encouraging friends that I have officially been accepted as a member of the Math for America Los Angeles Fellowship! I'm very excited about this opportunity! This entails a five year commitment; the first year will be spent in school earning my teaching credential and masters. The next four years will be spent teaching in the L.A. Unified School District. One of the best parts of this program is that I do not have to pay for the schooling and I will be receiving a stipend each year. This means that where I would have been accruing more debt by pursuing these degrees on my own, now I will have the finances to pay back the debt I have from my undergraduate years. Not only that, the University of Southern California has a great reputation, and I know that I will be receiving a great education in the next year. Needless to say, this is a great blessing from God!


Congratulations, Andrea!! You have our permission to celebrate with food if you want to!!

3 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

How wonderful! How wonderful!
I'm in tears -- Kinza ran to tell her dad -- I grabbed the phone to call grandma but, unfortunately, she is washing her hair!!!!

This is SUCH good news! It's been scary to ask for updates just in case the news was not so good!

How thankful we are to the Lord for His continued blessing and daily help!

love ya babe,
Aunt Carol-Ann

Andrea said...

You guys are so sweet!!! Thanks so much for the encouragment!

But I will try to restrain myself from eating too much!

Amrita said...

Congrats Andrea. I have great respect for Math wizards as I am a flop at it.