... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Sunday 30 March 2008

Am I having fun yet?

I can't believe a whole week has gone by since Carol-Ann's last post and almost two weeks since mine! I don't know if it is good or bad to be this busy, maybe a bit of each.


For the past couple of weeks, I've been fighting to keep my head above water! A new doctor to learn how to transcribe for, new equipment to conquer for the other doctor's work, getting all my tax ducks in a row... I want to eat!



I better be honest...I HAVE BEEN eating!

I'd love to be very successful at this weight loss, but I feel like I am treading water and can't make any progress. Explainable, yes. Understandable, yes. Good, no! Not enough water, not enough exercise, too much stress, too much food -- there it is in a nutshell. Not a pretty sight!

This evening I have been taking stock of the situation. I'm having a rare moment. All my work is done. All the receipts and documentation for my tax appointment are carefully assembled, organized into beautiful spreadsheets, and in the manila envelope ready for me to grab and go on Wednesday morning. So, back to the situation at hand...

I hate to admit it, but I have gotten off the track and need to figure out a good way to get back on it. I know how the dominoes began to fall. Work became overwhelming because of the learning curve I have been in on two different fronts. This meant that to get the work done, I had to be up until 2:00 a.m. routinely without much time to catch up on the missing sleep. Exercise did not happen, I forgot to drink my water, and I needed snacks just to keep going. I don't see the end of this just yet, but things are definitely getting easier, so...

I'm trying to put my thoughts about this on here as a way of giving myself the needed push in the right direction.
Exercise: Since I am getting to bed at a better time tonight, I am hoping to start on the treadmill again tomorrow with some stretching midday. Barry said he is thinking about getting up and exercising at the same time, and that would REALLY help!
Water: I am going to remember to measure out my water to make sure I drink enough.
Food: I'm just going to have to write down every morsel again!
Sleep: I'm hoping to get to bed by midnight each night this week.

So that's the plan, and I will let you know midweek how I'm holding up!

6 comments:

Amrita said...

Janet, good to hear from you.
here its hot so i feel thirsty so often. I start the day with 2 glasses of water.

Measure out the water in bottles and finish it during the day.They say drinking warm water kills the appetite. And drinking water before a meal also curbs the hunger. I do this.

Try fruit for snacks.

I hope you don 't mind me passing these ideas.
Take care.

Jeanette said...

Oh, Amrita, I am so delighted to hear from you! I welcome any suggestions. I had not heard that about warm water, so I will try it. And your suggestion about measuring the water is good, too. My new rule is only fresh fruit or veggies for snacks! That is definitely not what I crave at stress moments!!

I just got up early to exercise :) But you know me, I couldn't resist checking the computer first!!

Andrea said...

I just have to say that getting a good night's sleep is imperitive to losing weight. Having a deficient amount of sleep can make your horomones unbalanced and can cause you to crave more food than usual! I know the work has to be done, but sleep is also very important! Don't neglect your body.

Jeanette said...

Yes, Andrea, I know you are right! Carol-Ann and I have had this same discussion quite a few times. The problem is, it is not always possible to just drop everything and go to bed or lie in bed in the morning to make up for staying up late. I don't quite know what the answer is except that things usually go in cycles and don't last forever, like having a new baby or a sick child or a tough learning curve at work or exams to study for -- you lose a lot of sleep for awhile, and then things get back to normal.

But...normal for me is still not enough sleep, so I am trying to give the night owl a specific bedtime :)

Amrita said...

I consider checking my emails an exercise too LOL.

I eat home roast, oil free peanits as a snack. You don 't have to put salt on them. Do you like peanut? Nuts are good say.

Jeanette said...

Amrita, you are too funny! I think I am going to follow your example and consider checking my email and the blog world an exercise, too! We should be very fit by now, don't you think??

I love the idea of the home-roasted peanuts. I am sure they are delicious. I do eat nuts occasionally, but I have been overlooking them for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up option. Thanks for the reminder.