... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Friday 28 December 2007

Snow, snow, snow!

Because I work from home, I can look cheerfully out at the piles of snow, the icy roads, and the cars creeping timidly along and love every minute of it! I sip my spicy tea while I type, type, type in my flannel jammies and thank God that I am here at home and not forced to drive on those awful roads!

The only thing I'm not thankful for is my proximity to the edible goodies right under my own roof. There is only one way to describe the way I have been eating for the last 3 days -- crazy stupid!! Today I have done much better, though, and my water intake is getting back up to where it should be. I'm making this confession in keeping with the spirit of this blog...all is not perfect in my weight-loss world, and that's why I'm talking about it. It really does help me to think before I eat because I know that I am in some small way accountable to others for breaking the bad habits I have gotten into and transparent enough to let you know I am struggling with it right now!

Back to the snow... Carol-Ann asked me to take some pictures of our snow since in her neck of the woods there is not much snow anymore. I didn't realize that before. When I lived there 30 years ago it seemed as if we had quite a bit, and it stayed on the ground all winter. Here in Colorado it falls heavily at times, but soon the sun comes out and melts it. If it is too cold to melt, the snow somehow gets absorbed by the dry air and finally disappears (sort of like a frost-free freezer, I guess!), so we have the beauty, but we don't get too bogged down with accumulated snow.

Here are a few pictures I took today. (Clicking on them will give you lots more detail.)

Looking from our front porch along the side of the house. See the kitty footprints in the light snow on the sidewalk!

The evergreen bushes in front of our front porch. You can see Denver on the horizon down below.

Looking west from our driveway across the fields with the "castle building" and the mountains in the distance.

Our back yard, where you can see the tracks of Lucky, a neighbor dog, who was checking out every tree and bush! I think I should learn something from Lucky. She was using up a lot of calories chasing around in the snow like that!

7 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Thanks for the pix, J! My favourite: the kitty trax in the snow!

Gord and Paula and Andrea are here -- tomorrow Mama want s us all to sit down with her to listen to the cassette tape of your wedding umpteen decades ago! Can you imagine?! What are we going to do with ourselves! The eyes of the men just bulged outta their sockets when she announced her plan -- Paula raised an eyebrow in her pleasant and quiet way -- Andrea lost her place in her video game -- I tried to quickly think of ways to make it up to everybody with bright follow-up plans to look forward to after it was all over -- Kinza, bless her little heart, who was sent by God above to warm the cockles of Mama's heart, was genuinely excited and pleased! Wow! the thought of gathering 'round an old-fashioned cassette tape player to listen to the crackley hiss of a brittle and ancient tape of Auntie Jeanette's wedding was the crowning glory of Christmas cheer!

You will be in our thoughts tomorrow, sis! How we wish NOT! :) Ha Ha!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

P.S.
Patience, please. I shall be back to posting eventually! I'm sure I will be up four pounds on Monday! I wonder how Pat will have weathered the season!

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the update, Carol-Ann! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!! I listened to it with her, too, but of course it had special meaning for me, and I really enjoyed it, as I have never listened to it before, believe it or not. I just love that Kinza! The only one who wants to hear my wedding tape!! Gord sings very well during the ceremony, and it was very good to hear Doug Shantz's voice again. Heather did such a great job at the organ.

And yes, I am so hoping you will post soon! I hope Pat has done better than I have this week.

Anonymous said...

Carol-ann:
It's nice that you are thinking about me and how I'm doing in terms of my weight goal - not as well as I would have liked this week! You will see, when Jeanette posts it, that my weight is back up a bit. Darn!

Pat

Jeanette said...

Well, there is the ugly truth on my stats! I think my scale is being mean to me on Monday's. I was 2 pounds lighter yesterday morning when I decided to do a trial weigh-in (!) and did very well on water and food intake during the day. I have to confess I really wanted to use that weight today. But then I thought, "No, start fudging and there's no end to it!" So there it is!

Pat, you are doing so well! I'm proud of you. I hope Carol-Ann hasn't followed in my footsteps but rather in yours!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well girls (and guy -- hmm Elmo is a guy -- I guess that should be plural: guys!),
We have been poorly at our house over the last 24 hours but even that didn't seem to budge the weight! Think what it might have been if a touch of unwellness hadn't been present on the 30th! So, since Roger indicated he was opting to weigh in NEXT week, I guess you're the winner of the round this week, Pat!

Have a Happy New Year, all, and may this be the year in which we all move over to Elmo's category of weight maintenance!

Anonymous said...

Good post.