... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Thursday 13 December 2007

Let's Try Gearing DOWN This Time!

We have learned some awesome things this past week. One of them being that we are much better encouragement to each other in the area of weight-loss when we are FAR APART!

It was a wonderful week sitting here stuffing our little faces with bread and bread and more bread! We have ZERO will-power when we are together! We want to pamper each other with food, it seems! Well, I guess we've finally found a good reason why it is better to live in different countries far enough away to need to fly rather than drive for a visit!

Mom and Bruce and Kinza and I just loved having you here for a few days! Mom said as soon as the front door closed, Mini dashed to the chair and leaped up to watch us out the window when we left to take you to the airport. She said when the car finally disappeared down the road, only then did Mini give in to the reality that we'd left without her and she flopped sadly to the floor where she remained for the entire hour+ that it took for us to get back home! We've joined her with the droopy puppy ears and big sad eyes!

Thanks for all the effort it took to come and try out my new scale!

2 comments:

Amrita said...

I know food is a symbol of hospitality, lovem pampering, bomding what have you.so glad Jeanette could come for a visit.

When my family visits I want to stuff them with all my best and they keep saying no...no for
health reasons
dieting
or fasting and prayer

And when Sonia comes she cooks all her fav. food here as she does not have that freedom in her MIL 's kitchen.they eat with their in-laws.

My pooch also gets attatched to guests and gets so sad when they leave.

We had a huge harvent of grapefruit, wish i could send you loads.

Jeanette said...

Hi Carol-Ann! I had such a good time at your house, and now I am trying to coax, cajole, and threaten myself into staying at my work and getting caught up! What a letdown!

I think we did better on our diet while I was there than it might look on the surface. We did not do much snacking between meals, and there really was no sugar to speak of. Yes, we did have bread, but it was excellent whole-grain good-for-you bread. All is not lost!

Mini is such a little sweetie!

I think you are right, Amrita. Food is a symbol of hospitality, and we just naturally want to have plenty of it when we have guests. I would love to have some of that grapefruit!