... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Monday 9 February 2009

Here we go!

Happy weigh-in day!

I got on the scale this morning... covered my eyes... took a deep breath... and squinted down through my fingers... Yes, just as I thought! Over this long food-filled break I have taken, I have definitely lost ground. But things could have been MUCH worse, I know. So I am feeling encouraged. And I hope you are, too.

With this new start, I am trying a different approach. I have set my goal weight at 10 pounds less than my weigh-in today. I am only trying to lose 10 pounds right now. When I get there, then I'll decide what to do about the next 10 pounds.

This last week, as I have been doing my medical transcription work, I have had to chuckle several times over the thoughts the doctor just cannot keep out of his tone of voice... "The patient's weight is up a WHOPPING 33 pounds since his last visit!" I grin, but I can identify with that patient. It is much easier to go up that whopping 33 pounds than down, isn't it! Let's make sure we are moving in the right direction!

Suggestion for this week: Try to make some food substitutions. This is not about starving but about making some healthy changes. Last week when I went to the store, I bought some mangoes, something I don't usually get. Several times since then I have found that one of those cut up and eaten piece by piece at my desk as I work is a really satisfying alternative to snack foods. I am going to try a different fruit next time I am at the store.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am glad to see that you have weighed in this week, Aunt Jeanette!

I am so proud of myself for exercising as much as I have; no one is more surprised than myself! However, I went to dinner with a girlfriend on Saturday, and I just knew that I ate TOO much! I was feeling a little defeated but decided to not focus on it. So you can imagine my delightful surprise when I weighed in this morning. On The Biggest Loser they say that having one meal a week that has more calories in it than you would usually eat can be good for weigh loss, and the reason for this is because is boosts up your metabolism and gets your body to burn more calories. Obviously this is not an advisable vice or excuse if every meal you eat is high in calories and you decide to eat even more for one meal a week, but perhaps that is why my weight loss was not as affected as I thought it would be.

Good job everybody!

Jeanette said...

Andrea, you are doing SO well! I am proud of you!

It is really interesting what you mentioned about one bigger meal can speed your metabolism. I have noticed that in the past, too. When I have been cutting down on my intake, I have found that after one larger meal, I have weighed less which was always surprising. But, as you say, it could get to be too much of a good thing!

Great weight loss this week, Andrea!