... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Thursday 19 February 2009

Happy Birthday, Jeanette!



You'll have to let us know after spending time lifting those weights: the biceps that now hang beneath the arm in middle age -- do they surface to the top again with exercise or do they just continue to swing low only with more bulk?

Happy 55th!


Jeanette's answer --

Thanks, Carol-Ann! I have had a very happy birthday. Funny thing, I don't feel any older than I did yesterday!

This afternoon I used my new age of 55 to my advantage!

The phone rang, right when I was in the middle of busy kitchen cleaning.
Riiinnnggg.... "Hello," I said politely. A man with a slight accent answered, "This is Tom from the Delightful Research Company [or some name like that]. I have some questions to ask about what you watch on TV." Without pausing for breath, he rushed right on. I'm sure experience has taught him what will happen if he stops to gasp for air! "Is there a female in your household between the ages of 18 and 54 [note that he said 54....54!] who could answer my questions?" I just could not hold back the glee in my voice! "No, I'm sorry! The only one here in that age group is disabled and would not be able to answer any questions!!" Now he could breathe! "Thank you for your time. Good-bye!" Click! ... Yippee! That was easy!

Thus I have embarked on life as a senior!!

(Sagging biceps? Flapping upper arms?? Swinging wings??? Of what dost thou speak, dear sister???)

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Notice my addition to your post, Carol-Ann! And thanks for the very cute happy birthday song!

Andrea said...

Great post Aunt Jeanette! I LOVED it! Way to own 55!

Jeanette said...

Thanks, Andrea! And thanks for the beautiful birthday card!

Jeanette said...

Wow, Andrea! Good job on the exercise! I have been doing some pretty good cleaning today at my house, but now I am going to exercise!