... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Sunday 2 November 2008

NEW MEMBERS!

This has been a VERY exciting week for the Winners! If you have not already noticed, check out the new additions to the sidebars. I'm going to introduce my friend Renae to you, and actually, there is a connection between her and Amrita.

Some time back, I began visiting Amrita's blog (which I really enjoy reading, I might add), and one day I left a comment there. Renae saw my comment and clicked on my name to visit my blog! She and Carol-Ann and I all got into lots of interesting conversations there and became good friends just chatting.

Of course, I then stopped by Renae's blog, Morning Coffee, and found out that I love reading her wonderful devotionals. She is an excellent writer; in fact, she has articles published in local and national magazines and is writing mysteries for girls 8 to 12. She also writes a weekly column that is currently carried in 4 newspapers. For all the scoop on Renae, click here. One of the biggest surprises of my year (maybe even this decade!) was when Renae invited me to be a guest writer on her blog, so now I have 2 posts over there on Morning Coffee which, let me tell you, has stretched me right out to my limit! It has been good stretching, only I haven't been able to claim it on the exercise chart!

Welcome Renae! I am SO glad your are joining us!

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Okay, I have to say it just one more time -- MY SISTER IS SO SMART!

Carol-Ann, you have done a fabulous job of setting this all up, and all the instructions at the top for us to click on, too... I am so impressed!

Best wishes, everyone! My stats have been quite instructional. I cannot coddle myself along. I am going to have to strictly follow a plan or I am going to fall flat yet again. So, that is how tomorrow will begin...

Amrita said...

Hi everyone.

Now I am drafted into the Battle of the Bulge.

You 're right Jeanette, Carol_Ann is a wiz. Without her expertise and help I would be scratching the bottom of the blog pool.

Winners by Losing Team Members said...

Oh, wow! I didn't know I was gonna get a big ol' fancy introduction! I'd have dressed nicer . . . ;-)

Thank you so much, Jeanette - and Carol-Ann, for letting me be a part of this!

Of course, you may be sorry. I have tried 3 times to update my exercise info, and still nothing is showing up. You'll probably have to lead me by the hand . . .

I'm so excited! Thanks again for letting me be a part!

--renae

Oh! ps. Today I commented on someone's blog and forgot to sign out of this account, and my comment came up as "Winners by Losing!" I'll have to watch that! lol

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well ladies, we are moving forward!
Here it is, the end of Monday, and my end hasn't moved of the chair for exercise since Friday! I have told myself it is because of needing to do catch-up after the set-up of the blog!

Welcome Renae and Amrita! This is great to have you on board.

I am missing PAT!
Where are ya, Pat?

And Andrea and Michelle have been quiet for awhile!

Kinza just showed up with her MATH book (I don't believe in Math!) and her English assignment. It is five minutes to eleven P.M.! So I shall disappear and you may not see me back for awhile!

Jeanette said...

Yes, it is just great to have Renae and Amrita with us! Having you join has lit a new fire under me, so I have made a new plan for myself. Unfortunately, today absolutely blew apart for me, so the exercise has not happened. However, my calories have been where I wanted them. Yay!

I like that, C-A! You don't believe in Math!! I just decided...I don't believe I need to lose weight! (If only believing it made it true!)

Michelle said...

I'm here!

...Glad to see some new people! That means I am not the new kid anymore! I am also loving the changes - great job. I think it just might make me feel a little more accountable!

Have a great week everyone!

Michelle said...

Sorry - forgot to say Welcome, Armita! Love your picture!

Jeanette said...

You are right, Michelle, because this new setup has made me feel more accountable, too. You are doing so well, by the way!

Amrita has been commenting and encouraging us here ever since we began this blog, as she and Carol-Ann have been friends for a long time! What about writing an introduction for her, Carol-Ann, so we can all get to know her?

Carol-Ann Allen said...

I shall do an intro for Amrita! It may not get here until Friday or Saturday, though, so don't go and post, sis, before then!

Michelle, funny thing is I feel more accountable now myself and Jeanette and I have been doing the updates all along!

Jeanette said...

Way to go, Renae! Look at that exercise chart! And weight loss, too!

By the way, Pat has been having internet problems and has not been able to go online at home at all, so hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Renae said...

Thanks! (blush)