... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Sunday 23 November 2008

Long Over-due Introduction of Amrita!

The intro to Amrita is coming in a couple of parts! Quite awhile ago I started reading her blog because it was so different from anything else I was following and I just felt so refreshed by that! But I think it was this post (which I snatched by a copy and paste from her blog) that really caught my eye and I was hooked as a regular reader from then on! More next time ... in the meantime, enjoy her post:

The Highs and Lows

Today was a day of highs and lows.The high point of the day was when I received a gift check for our church building fund and when India defeated Pakistan in the first one day cricket match.

The lows were when I went to the bank stood in a very long Que only to discover that my ATM card had expired and I did not bring my new one along.

My washing machine 's dryer gave out on me after the first cycle and the repairman did not come after I phoned him.

I also had a few "run ins" with mama.The generation gap is getting longer and rockier and slipper-ier (coined a new word here).

Aunt S was quite disturbed, she has her moments.

And my old girl- maid (female Jeeves) tries my patience too.Her hearing and eyesight is weak and her IQ is low.But because she is a very poor widow and is very faithful and honest I just can't let her go.

I felt quite ill and stressed out in the evening.Stress causes vertigo in me,but I went out to get medicines. And I bought a book by Joyce Meyers called The Secret Power of Speaking God 's Word.Its a compilation of Bible verses we can speak out during different situations of life.My verse for stress is-It is God 's desire that I be free from all anxiety and distressing care. I Cor 7;32

The Holy Spirit calmed my soul otherwise I was telling Mama that I am going to call Sonia in Lucknow and tell her to ask her hubby 's uncle who is the Director of a famous Christian Psychiatric Hospital there to book a room for me.My Mom agreed.

What were your day 's highs and lows?

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

I love this post! and I love Amrita, too! She is so transparent in her writing, I just feel as if I know her well after reading just a little bit. I appreciate how she shares her life and her feelings so openly. Welcome, Amrita! (And thanks for being a visitor here and cheering us on for so long!)

Amrita said...

Thank you so much Carol-Ann and Jeanette. Although I live so far from you, I will one in the Spirit with you.
Reading about your life in Africa and your parents service for the Lord just struck a chord in my heart as my paternal grandfather was a Methodist minister during the British raj.

You are very special to me and i often tell my mother whatyou are writing about.

Now that thanksgiving is round the corner , on Discovery Channel I saw a vegetarian substitute for a turkey cold cut called tofurky - made with tofu or something.Have you had that?

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ha, Amrita!
"Tofurky" sounds too much to me like "Noturky"! I just reread the post of yours copied here and found myself laughing yet again! The pic you chose to illustrate it was also perfect!

Now ... we have to get some stats for you up on this bloggie!

Andrea said...

Welcome Amrita! I have also been very thankful for your consistant support.

I am feeling a new fire under me to lose some weight. One of my best friends and roommate of four years is getting married on December 13th and I NEED to look my very best! Hopefully this inspiration will stick with me.

Andrea said...

I just wanted to let you guys know about an article that was recently done on Math for America, the fellowship that I am in.

The link is http://www.usc.edu/uscnews/stories/15760.html

Jeanette said...

Andrea, thanks for the link. I checked it out, and there you were! I am so proud of you. I'm going to see if I can make a post out of it...not sure if it will copy properly, but I will try.