... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Monday 19 May 2008

Andrea is here for a short visit!

Andrea came home late Saturday night, so she is here for 10 days before going back to California to start in on her Math For America program. She is going to be one busy girl for the next few years! We had a great time yesterday, as she and her family came over for lunch, and then we all went to look at the flowers in the local nursery shop. Andrea wants to plant a few things in her front yard while she is here. Later today, she is coming over for a little step onto my scale, so hopefully it will be nice to her!

I am feeling a lot better now, so I think the Candida thing is getting under control. The bad thing is that once I start feeling better, I start cutting corners here and there on what I am supposed to eat. Just a little of this won't hurt, and eating this wouldn't be as bad as eating that, and so I start my downward spiral of rationalization! Besides that, some of the things I am allowed to eat are not low-cal at all. For example, I can have avocados, any kind of beans, and blue corn chips. I bet you know where I am going with this! Open a can of cooked black beans, smash some of them up with a fork, add that to some mashed up avocado, season it a bit, get the bag of blue corn chips, and I'm good to go!


This week will hopefully be less stressful than last week was with a lot of extra things in it -- neurology appointment for Coral, playing the organ for a graduation processional, etc. -- so maybe this week will be better for weight loss! You know what they say about hope springing eternal... It is hard to feel positive until I look at my stats history and realize that I do have a slow but steady progression in the right direction. I still have a long way to go just to reach the others though!

Hey, wait for me!!

10 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

I'm waitin', I'm waitin'!
Ha Ha HA!

With all this up and down,
just call me "Yo-yo-Maa"!

(I guess you have to know the cello guy and that Maa means "woman" in Bassa in order to appreciate the three-prong pun!)

Amrita said...

Hi Andrea, Have a good visit.

Wish I could have an avacado, never had one. they say its good. My sis had them in Nigeria.

Jeanette said...

Hi Carol-Ann and Amrita!

I wish I could send you an avocado, Amrita. It is hard to describe what they taste like. Not sweet, but not like a vegetable, either. They are smooth and buttery tasting, and I like them plain with salt or mixed in with beans or salsa for a dip.

Carol-Ann, that "yo-yo-maa" just has me in GALES of laughter! Your sense of humor is so like Gord's on that one!!! I'm not smart enough to come up with those lines, but I love to laugh at them! Ha ha ha! I was feeling dozy over my doc's ramblings, but now I'm awake and raring to go!! Thanks for the pick-me-up!

Jeanette said...

PS: Maybe Andrea forgot about her weigh-in since she is home and having a bit of down time.

Andrea said...

Okay! You caught me! I might have forgotten to weigh in on purpose... I'm feeling so big with all my eating!!! YIKES!

But I will confess that when I weighed in on my parent's scale I was approximately 178 lbs! That is too much already and I'm not sure I can handle the real truth! Sorry!

Jeanette said...

It's okay Andrea! I didn't mean to put you on the spot! You can get back into the routine later after things settle down. I hope the real truth is not as bad as you fear. Maybe your parent's scale is weighing too heavy? Anyway, you will start dropping again as soon as you get back to school, and then we will be scrambling to keep up with you!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Roger believes everybody should weigh once a year -- whether they really need to or not!

:)

Jeanette said...

Good ol' Roger! He may be the only one with his feet on the ground!

Anonymous said...

I'm "weighting" too, Jeanette!

Pat

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Uh-oh!
Groan, groan!
Pat, you've been hangin' around with us too much! This is our kind of talk!