... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Sunday 23 March 2008

Jackpot?

Well, here I am being both late and early. Although I did weigh in on Monday last week, our internet was down so I couldn't record it! So I am recording that reading tonight and it is "late". This morning, for some unknown reason, I stepped on the scale a day early and was pleasantly surprised to see that I am down a bit! But since today is Easter and we were eating a bit of this and that extra today, I've decided to record an "early" weight! Who knows! By tomorrow morning I may have gained 3!

Now the eagerly anticipated reading for this week just has to be Pat's! Has she done it again?! We should start a jackpot like our local 680 News Radio -- they have a weather guarantee which climbs by 100 dollars a day whenever the weatherman's forecast has proven to be correct within a couple of degrees or so. The last I heard (haven't listened to the radio over the long weekend!) the jackpot was sitting at some outlandish sum of about $17 thousand dollars! For some reason I think of Pat whenever I hear 680 News has maintained their guarantee!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations Aunt Carol!!! You are less than 10 pounds away from your goal weight!!! Astonishing! Keep it up!!!

Jeanette said...

Good job, Andrea and Carol-Ann!! I am proud of you! Pat and I have a little increase, temporary I am sure!

Jeanette said...

Regarding the weather jackpot on 680, Carol-Ann...who gets it and when? If it climbs when the weatherman is right, does he get the jackpot if he is wrong?!!! I think I would be the big winner if ours worked like that!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Well, thanks, Andrea!
I better jump right in here and take my bow because who knows what Monday will bring!

Re the 680 Jackpot, Jeanette, if I remember correctly, the radio station puts in $1000.oo to start things off. From then on it increases by 100 bucks a day until the weatherman is wrong and then it goes back to the start again. People can sign up as members of 680 News on their website and they then have the draw from among members who have signed up. I think you have to click daily on to their site to qualify and I'm not sure but I think the jackpot is available just for the southern Ontario locality otherwise they would be sending their thousands out of the country and province. I guess I should go do my daily click. I just never win anything. But perhaps I never win because I never sign up! Ha!