... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Saturday 4 October 2008

Exercise Update 2

The "Get More Active" Club!

Like it or not, it is already a week since our last update...so here goes. I don't have anything to report for anyone else, so it is just me this time.

Jeanette: On Tuesday, I walked for 30 minutes on the treadmill, and it was quite a workout! As I mentioned several months back, my treadmill is not working right. I cannot control it manually except to slow the speed down, so my only choice is to pick one of the preset workouts and let the thing go! I picked the first workout today, and it just ran away with me! It tilted up to an 8 percent incline and had me jogging! I slowed it down, but that incline took its sweet time to come back down, and there was nothing I could do about it! I had to step off to the side two times for a minute each time in order to make it through, but I felt like I REALLY pushed myself, so that was good.

On Saturday, I tried a different auto setting called "Light Jog." That sounded a lot scarier than the Tuesday one, but was actually much better because the incline never increased, and so when it got too fast, I just slowed it down to a more comfortable pace. Even so, it was fast enough to really get my pulse going. I might save that incline one for another day -- a long time from now! (I have to be honest, the only reason I got on the treadmill on Saturday was because I had to give this report.)

So that is it for this week... I have to admit it feels a little lonely on here these days, so I hope one of you will soon join this little Get More Active club!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Good for you Aunt Jeanette!

I promise I'll try harder this week!! :(

Jeanette said...

Hi Andrea! Some weeks are just impossible, so let us hope for a better one next week. I'm not sure my exercise has made any difference on my weight yet, but if I can keep it up, that will be good for me, I know! I hope you will be able fit some in, too! :)

Amrita said...

Sonia came for just 24 hours and we consumed a lot of calories since then.But I 'll get back into my routine pretty soon.

Keep going gals.

Jeanette said...

Thanks for your encouragement Amrita!
I need it. I am sure 24 hours was not long enough for you to visit with Sonia! I hope you had a wonderful time.