... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Wednesday 9 July 2008

Writing it all down...

Yesterday we all decided to write down what we eat, as the experts agree this is the only way to really keep track of what we are doing. I decided that I would not change my eating habits today but would eat whatever I felt like eating, just keep track of it, just to see what I need to change...

You know where this is headed, right? Breakfast was good...2 scrambled eggs, fresh tomato slices, and a cup of coffee (sweetened and milked...ah, generously). Lunch was okay, and then the rest of the day was a total loss...well, actually, I'm sure it was a gain, if you know what I mean!

Today was definitely an object lesson for me. I am getting out a fresh notebook (don't you just love writing on that first clean sheet??) and starting a serious diary of my eating habits. I have done well with this method before, but after a few days I seem to get lazy or think I have it all in hand or something, and then before I know it, I have lost all track of what goes into my mouth. I've decided that what I need most is a good dose of self-control!

How about the rest of you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness - it's a long calorie-laden list of what it took to get me through the past 2 days. Like you, Jeanette, I decided not to change my eating habits, so that I get a true picture of what I eat and when. I will keep this up for a while longer so taht I have a list that is representative of at least a week in my life (including weekend days), and then make a decision on where I can take that first step.

Jeanette said...

Good idea, Pat. I had not thought of such a thorough assessment, but I think that is a good approach, and I will do the same. I'm hoping that doing this will also heighten my awareness of what my habits really are.