... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Sunday 27 July 2008

Introducing: Michelle!

One of the most fun things in my summer thus far happened yesterday! Michelle sent me an email and put down her authorization to be signed up as a Winner! So here is her official introduction!

Although she lives in B.C. and is married to John ...

... the happy Mama of Isaiah ...

... and of Baby Hannah ...


... when Michelle and I first met, she was three years old and living in Ontario! She and her Mom came walking into our church during choir practice (as I recall) to ask when the Sunday services were held. I won't go into all the details now, but further on down the road (when Michelle was all grown up and in Grade One), she and her Mom invited me to live with them for a year while I saved up to go to Bible College. During that year, I discovered that little red-head could sing harmony! Can you believe it?! She was just adorable!

Welcome to our blog, Michelle, and the introductory blessing we bestow on you is: may you be the biggest loser!

Oh, by the way ...
I'm not sure if I have spoken yet on this blog
about my daughter: Kinza Michelle.

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

Michelle, I am SO delighted to have you join us! Carol-Ann has mentioned you occasionally over the years, and it is so fun to now see some pictures of you and your family!

Welcome to our little group of losers! I'm just sitting here grinning from ear to ear with happiness that I can't explain!!

Amrita said...

Hi Michelle,

Your pictures are very nice.

Pray everybody is doing good.

Michelle said...

Hello all! Jeanette mentioned grinning ear to ear - I would have to agree, I am a little giddy right now! Thanks for letting me into the loser club. I am so excited to lose with you all, and hope I can offer you all the encouragement I have received just by reading your comments over the past day.

...and for the record: Carol-Ann was the first godly role model I had in my life (and my mom's for that matter), and her gift of music made me want to be a singer JUST like her. Although I didn't get too far with the guitar lessons she so graciously TRIED to give me - I DID start professional singing lessons at the age of 7, and have sang all around the world for God! One of my fondest memories from when Carol-Ann lived with us, was a song we wrote from Isaiah (now my son's name). We sang it that evening at church, and held up a poster with the words on it, so others could join in:
"I do this so that everyone, from one end of the world to the other, may know that I am the LORD, and that there is no other God."

Thanks again for welcoming me - I am so looking forward to getting to know you all.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

This is a great way to start Monday morning! Back to work today with a spring in my step which, I'm sure, will burn off a couple of extra calories!

The song! Yes, Michelle, I remember DOING the song but I have forgotten the tune! What a great memory -- just makes me smile!

How is your Mom these days? I hope she turns up here in the comment section to cheer us on and to socialize!

Andrea said...

I also want to roll out the red carpet and say welcome! New members make everything so exciting! I can't wait till we all get to know one another.

Good luck!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

P.S.
After all of this activity, even Roger submitted a weight this week!

Elmo continues to smirk!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Andrea!
We must have been typing at the same time! Must say, I thought of you last night as I was posting pix of Michelle -- is this the red-head club or what!

Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard, Michelle! I wish you success in losing!

Pat

Andrea said...

Haha! I was thinking the same thing Aunt C! Slowly but surely, we will take over the world... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Pat!
With your entry, the whole crew has assembled in one little post (ahem -- Roger, not!) He's outnumbered by the girls! Hey! We need another GUY to join! Elmo doesn't cut the mustard!

Hee Hee, Andrea!