... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Saturday 2 February 2008

February already!

When I was little, my mother often said, "Where has the time gone?" or "The time has just flown by!" One day she told me that the older she got, the faster time flew! Well, I thought that was just plain silly then, but guess what! I am turning into my mother!! Now I know exactly what she meant. We just had Christmas, and it is already February!


This week has been one of those that has rushed on by me, and not because I was having fun, either. Absolutely indecipherable dictation, malfunctioning equipment, and other such delights have filled the days.


Confessions for the week: It has been a struggle to add weight loss into the mix this week. The treadmill has seen me three times, and my little Miracle Ball for muscle relaxation and tension release has had four sessions.

Helpful hint: I have kept my Dentyne fire spicy cinnamon gum handy as a great substitute for "frustration eating," and it has rescued me several times this week.

10 comments:

Amrita said...

Hi Jeanette. Hope you have a good week ahead. That gum seems good.
I keep spicy herbal tablets for the same purpose.

Jeanette said...

Hi Amrita. Thanks for your good wishes. I wonder if your spicy herbal tablets are available here.

Amrita said...

i am sure they are. Either atr Indian stores or you can get them thru the internet. i find out the name and tell you and I 'm sure they tone down the sharp taste to suit weestern consumption.They have health benefirts too

Jeanette said...

That's what I was wondering, as I know that many herbs do have a health benefit along with temporarily satisfying the need to have something in the mouth. I'm looking for any help I can get, so I will be really interested to get more information about them. Thank you so much, Amrita.

Anonymous said...

"Frustration eating" - that describes it perfectly, Jeanette! I try to keep a pack of gum handy for the same reason.

Pat

Jeanette said...

The gum came in handy again today, Pat! It's a good thing nobody can see me looking so unprofessional. It reminds me of a little rhyme my mother used to tell me:

"Gum-chewing girls and cud-chewing cows
Are somewhat alike, yet different somehow.
What can it be? Oh, I have it now!
It's the thoughtful expression on the face of the cow!"

(Incidentally, I have never seen her chewing gum!)

Amrita said...

Hi Jeanette, your Mum has so many cute sayings which Carol-Ann also quotes.

you know on our TV we have an ad for Orbit gum which has a cow chewing gum, its very funny.

This evening I (we) were caught in a TV tangle...ih this digital technology! Will do apost about it.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ha! JBlue! You are very right! Mother chewing gum is as ludicrous a thought as Mother in blue jeans!

As Kinza says, "Grandma is SO adorable!"

Jeanette said...

I see you are holding steady there with the weight, Carol-Ann! Good for you, especially with how busy you have been.

Amrita, that ad sounds funny! I'm not sure how convincing a cow would be to make me buy gum, but it just might if it was funny enough! I wonder if they got the idea from that old rhyme. I enjoyed reading your post about your digital technology experiences!!

Amrita said...

Hi Carol-Ann and Jeanette,
I have award for you ladies on my blog, please pick it up.