... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Monday 23 March 2009

Hang in there!

Well, I hope that we have at least been holding our own this week. I got more exercise than last week, but I also ate very unwisely at times. The day after tomorrow, I am going to get on an airplane and go spend a week in Canada with Carol-Ann and her family and my mother. If it is like previous trips, I will get there, turn around twice, and it will be time to fly back again! And who knows how the exercise and eating will go while I am gone... Hopefully better than when I am at home, but we shall see!



This is not just about how we look; this is about something even more important -- our health. The older I get, the more I can feel it, too.
We can do it!

8 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Oh Yeah!
I don't have to cook!
We are on a starvation diet!
Evil grin!

Mini shall sniff out any stashed away treats in your room so don't even try!

Jeanette said...

Well, now, I never even thought of trying it, Carol-Ann! I bet I could foil Mini...bring some Tupperware or some such thing, zipper up my suitcase...

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Actually, there's lotsa good stuff on the menu for the week ahead....

tubs and tubs and tubs of cabbage soup.

Jeanette said...

Give me enough spice, and even tubs of cabbage soup will be good! We should have a great weigh in while I am there, it seems!!

Andrea said...

Have a great time together :)

Jeanette said...

Thanks, Andrea! Here I am safe and sound in Canada.

GREAT job on the weight loss! You are really doing well, and I'm proud of you! I can't predict how this week will be for my weight loss! :)

Andrea said...

I just wanted to check in with everyone and see how we are doing.

I am doing okay. I have a HUGE project due on Friday, and it has been stressing me out for months. I am hoping that I will be able to relax a little after it is turned in :) However, I do believe that that stress is what has keep my weight from piling on. I do get stress munchies, and that is when I am most grateful that I only have fruit and veggies to eat. Hopefully I will begin to exercise again after this weekend.

I am less than 5 pounds away from my long term goal, which is very exciting, and I feel confident that I will reach my goal by graduation. I will be more than 10 pounds lighter than I was from last year's graduation (woohoo!). Anyway, that is my goal for now. I am hoping to exceed my weight loss goal and be a few pounds below 160 for graduation though. My exercise goal after this weekend will be to put in 2 hours of exercise a week.

How about everyone else? I think that we need to renew our goals and refocus ourselves on what we want to accomplish. (And don't forget to renew your incentives too!)

Jeanette said...

Hi Andrea! I am so far behind, it just is overwhelming. I'm not getting enough sleep, I'm nodding off at my computer, and there just is not time for anything much in blog world. However, I just HAD to come over here and tell you what a GREAT job you are doing! You have absolutely taken off and stuck with your weight loss, and I know you must be feeling really good about that. I'm sure you will make your goal by graduation, too!

I know about deadlines and stress and so forth, but I have every confidence that you will do very, very well on Friday's project. Be sure to update us on how that goes.

Unfortunately, I have been eating a pretty unrestricted diet. (One of the docs I type for is constantly saying that is what a patient is doing!!) The more stress I have, the worse things get. But today I have been trying to get a grip on it. Surprisingly, the scale is not showing too much of a gain, but I am drinking more water today and trying to think twice about what I put in my mouth.

I better hit the work again. Good luck on Friday! What kind of project is it?