... (Click To Read About Our Header) ...


Scroll below the Exercise Log to View most recent posts.

Two sisters (neither of us dreadfully obese, but both wanting to look better and feel better) have decided to post our private confessions. Feel free to comment and encourage us on or even to request sidebar space of your own to track your weekly or monthly progress with us!
___________________________________________

Saturday 27 September 2008

Exercise Update!

The "Get More Active" Club

So far, it is just Andrea and me who have joined the "Get More Active" club! So here's the update...

Andrea: Andrea walked 3 times this week for a total of 5 to 6 miles. This was intentional exercising over and above the walking she might normally do with all her school and student teaching activities. Since she lives right by the Pacific Ocean, she loves to walk on the beach, so this is a real plus for her! I just wish I could run over there and walk with her!

Jeanette: On Wednesday, Barry and I rode the train from Denver to Glenwood Springs where we stayed overnight. We had to do a lot of walking -- from the train station to the motel (got lost and walked a LOT longer than we really needed to!), to the restaurant, back to the motel, back to the restaurant, back to the train station, and then up and down the main streets while waiting for the train back home on Thursday. Barry estimates we walked at least 5 miles, so I think that was a definite increase in activity this week.

Anyone want to join us for next week?

Some more info: Weights will be posted by Tuesday morning, and this Tuesday's main blog post will be by Pat!

5 comments:

Amrita said...

How are you doing gals?

Have a good week ahead.

Jeanette said...

Hi Amrita. We are doing fine. We seem to be going pretty slowly on this little project of ours. I hope that we can soon have some progress to show!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hey Amrita!
Thanks! Tomorrow we weigh in! Ouch! I confess I have not been serious about this recently. But when I see that my closest rival has dropped within a few measly pounds of OUR goal, I'm wondering if I shouldn't stir up the pot and get cookin' ... oops ... bad illustration! I've got my eye on Jeanette and Andrea with their endeavour to increase exercise. You know, girls, muscle weighs more than fat so you may actually put weight ON before you start taking it off! Larger muscles, in due time, will burn up fat to maintain themselves.

Andrea said...

I have to say that I may have used my increase in exercise as an excuse to eat a little more than I should have... But the scale does not lie, and tommorrow the truth will come out! But I am very proud of me and Aunt Jeanette for doing our bodies some good this week. Please join us!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Andrea!
My apologies about not getting your archives up to date! I shall do it ... this stuff takes concentration and I have to wait until I have some -- last time I checked, they don't just have it to pick up at the grocery store in a can!